Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
    Quote Originally Posted by FGMax View Post
    Hey all,

Loving the expanded effect ruleset of this extension! But question; can something like IFT: Type(humanoid); DC: +1 be possible? or something like IFT: nodex; DC: +1? I don't think it currently is and this does cover some circumstances like Vow of Nonviolence spontaneously or like Cloaked Casting feature of the Beguiler class. If it is possible let me know if I'm doing it wrong otherwise I'm suggesting it.
    Hi

Thanks, I appreciate it that you like the extension

Sorry for the late answer, totally forgot to answer it

You can check such things here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1/view

When effects have a (T) in their description, then they're targetable and can be combined with IFT as you want. However, DC is sadly not a targetable effect, so that won't work. That applies to all IFT thingies, also the nodex one
    That is due to the structure in the code, but I can check again

As a manual workaround: You could give the targets a SAVE: -1 effect combined with an IFTAG using a tag which only that caster has who has the higher DC (if it comes from a usable item, then that could be an effect action of that item) But I certainly see why a DC effect would be more comfortable; but I cannot promise whether I can easily add that

Hello! Is it possible to have DRBYPASS overcome just a portion of damage reduction of armor?

Something like: DMGTYPE: drbypass 5;

Not sure if it isn't possible or I'm using incorrect syntax. If it can be done or if there is another way to achieve it, that would be awesome!

Either way, Thanks! ~Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hi

You can check such things here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1/view

When effects have a (T) in their description, then they're targetable and can be combined with IFT as you want. However, DC is sadly not a targetable effect, so that won't work. That applies to all IFT thingies, also the nodex one

As a manual workaround: You could give the targets a SAVE: -1 effect combined with an IFTAG using a tag which only that caster has who has the higher DC (if it comes from a usable item, then that could be an effect action of that item) But I certainly see why a DC effect would be more comfortable; but I cannot promise whether I can easily add that
    That's kinda what I figured, and I do use that IFTAG to allow a PC to use Dodge that way basically if IFTAG: CUSTOM(Dodge target) place effect Dodge target on NPC (in 3.5 Dodge is +1 AC against 1 target for 1 round vs PF's static +1 Dodge AC). In this case I was trying to use IFT so that my players spontaneously discover that they get the +1 DC for targeting the right target just like you'd discover playing at a table if you don't already figure its type. That's kinda why the Effect; SAVE: -1 might give that away but your extension's done a lot of work already.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    Code:
    IFT: TYPE(humanoid); DC: 1 enhancement
    Should do it, you don't need the + when doing positive numbers (and apparently it causes it to break when included)
    Hi Somax
    I tried the above just like FGMAX
    IFT: TYPE(humanoid); ATK: 1-----------works
    IFT: TYPE(humanoid); DMG: 1----------works
    IFT: TYPE(humanoid); DC: 1------------broken
    tried also changing the type to outsider, etc to try against various enemies and same results.

Anything else I can try to help narrow the issue?

Hi

AHHHHHHH
    The master has spoken and explained to the masses!
    Thanks!
    That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RobboNJ69 View Post
    Hello! Is it possible to have DRBYPASS overcome just a portion of damage reduction of armor?

Something like: DMGTYPE: drbypass 5;

Not sure if it isn't possible or I'm using incorrect syntax. If it can be done or if there is another way to achieve it, that would be awesome!

Either way, Thanks! ~Rob
    Right now, there is no way to do that, I think

I will check that, together with the targetability of DC effects etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitsend View Post
    AHHHHHHH
    The master has spoken and explained to the masses!
    Thanks!
    That makes sense.

Ok, I'm having troubles with the extension... it mostly works, but suddendly the "IFTAG" command just ceased working. No errors are displayed whatsoever, it just doesn't work. I checked various other functions added in the extension and they seem to work still, but IFTAG does not. Fun fact: the NIFTAG effect DOES work XD

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Ok, I'm having troubles with the extension... it mostly works, but suddendly the "IFTAG" command just ceased working. No errors are displayed whatsoever, it just doesn't work. I checked various other functions added in the extension and they seem to work still, but IFTAG does not. Fun fact: the NIFTAG effect DOES work XD

Any ideas?
    Thanks for the report

Did you already try to just load this extension and nothing else?

Thanks for the report

Did you already try to just load this extension and nothing else?
    Yep, even as standalone. I tried with "IFTAG: evocation; SAVE: 10" then blasted that character with various spells from various schools. But when I started raining evocation on it, no bonus to saves

Same goes when Fire Shield stops helping people resist cold (or fire) attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Yep, even as standalone. I tried with "IFTAG: evocation; SAVE: 10" then blasted that character with various spells from various schools. But when I started raining evocation on it, no bonus to saves

Same goes when Fire Shield stops helping people resist cold (or fire) attacks
    Oki, I see, I will test it later, too, maybe I missed a recent patch

Thread Information