5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

This is awesome. When I run larger dungeons, I like to place all encounters at the beginning and have some of the npcs patrol (instead of running random encounters). With this was around a few years ago, lol.

This is pretty awesome, but a question came up when i was testing by myself with running two instances of FGU (one connecting as localhost). I tried to get a token to move every second, but it was stuck in place. Is this another sideeffect of the heartbeats or timers not really running unless another user connects in to FGU?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    This is pretty awesome, but a question came up when i was testing by myself with running two instances of FGU (one connecting as localhost). I tried to get a token to move every second, but it was stuck in place. Is this another sideeffect of the heartbeats or timers not really running unless another user connects in to FGU?
    I was able to get it going with no users on timer. Make sure to turn the timer on the map at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I was able to get it going with no users on timer. Make sure to turn the timer on the map at the top.
    Thanks, that was it!

My localhost connection is able to see the waypoints ... I assume that normal players won't?

Awesome, thanks for this, very much appreciated. I'm sure my PCs will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Thanks, that was it!

My localhost connection is able to see the waypoints ... I assume that normal players won't?
    That's a good question. I haven't tested it specifically but now that you mention it I think players will see the waypoints if you open up the path while they've got the map open. That's an oversight and I'll get it fixed shortly.

I did have FGU lockup twice with this - but not the 3rd time. Might be the URL timer related.

When I get time I will try to reproduce with steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    That's a good question. I haven't tested it specifically but now that you mention it I think players will see the waypoints if you open up the path while they've got the map open. That's an oversight and I'll get it fixed shortly.
    Yes, players do see the waypoints.

I'm still not able to get this to work properly. Token warps to START, but then just sits there no matter what mode I set it to. Yes, the timer is on and the path is on.

Could you do a demo video? Maybe that'll help me and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Ciphor View Post
    Yes, players do see the waypoints.

I'm still not able to get this to work properly. Token warps to START, but then just sits there no matter what mode I set it to. Yes, the timer is on and the path is on.

Could you do a demo video? Maybe that'll help me and others.
    I'll see if I can put together a video. In the meantime, is the speed for the path set to a non-zero value? It defaults to 1, but if the game system has a default distance multiplier of 5 (like in 5e) and you have Snapping set to true, it could be moving 1/5th of a space and then snapping back to its original spot.

If that's not it, feel free to zip up the campaign and share it here. I'll take a look and see if I can find what's up.

Hi,

Once I click the stopwatch then an Open URL popup window shows (so the timer will work) - after clicking 'Yes to All' then the log becomes filled up with 'Detecting path with an infinite warp loop. Skipping that path'

How do I remedy this issue? My goal is to set my Buffalo token to walk around the map in a loop (basically animate the one token)

patrol-duty.jpg

Thread Information