DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Failed to launch Fantasy Grounds

Hello there!

Since yesterday, my FG Unity (PC) isn't starting "Failed to launch Fantasy Grounds" it's the message every time I use "FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe". After I update everything.

Then, If I try to start via STEAM, it tries to install again the FG, it doesn't recognize the old installation.

LOG attached
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Code:
    e: SaveFile - System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "D:\FG Unity\FantasyGrounds.exe" is denied.
    HandleFile: Unable to save file (FantasyGrounds.exe)
    The updater is unable to save the main FG application file to D:\FG Unity\FantasyGrounds.exe

This is more than like a rights issue, or security software preventing the saving of that file. As the logs indicate previous files have been saved OK to D:\FG Unity it could be that you have security software preventing the saving of an executable file.

1) Verify your windows user has full read/write access to D:\FG Unity and then check if D:\FG Unity\FantasyGrounds.exe already exists. If so, delete the file and run the updater again.
    2) If D:\FG Unity\FantasyGrounds.exe doesn't exist, or #1 doesn't work, review your security software logs to see if it is blocking saving of FantasyGrounds.exe to the D:\FG Unity directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

thank you Trenloe! worked, antivirus and folder permissions was the issue.

Thread Information