DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011
    I'll look over the equipment issue. Can you show me what you mean with your second issue? Institutions are a GM resource to track for your world. You could share the record and the players could add it to their notes section for tracking, but there is no automation for them at this time.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

What I was trying to do with the second issue was this: Potence can be added to certain brawling rolls. And If you press the Potence button, then go to the main page, press Strength, and then roll the dice button under brawl, the Potence rating is added as extra dice. This is how it should function.

But, if you make a custom roll under your equipment / or custom roll section (Strength + Brawl), then the Potence dice are not added to that roll. Or for short: Discipline dice are not added to custom rolls. I don't know how to explain it otherwise *smile*

As for Institutions, I hope that it will be added. Because it is a fantastic system that players also can use. I thought it was something that was usable, because there is a dice button at the attributes. How it should be set up is really that the Depth, Force, Prestige should act like attributes. You add them to a dicepool. Like Strength, or even a discipline.
    For instance, if a player owns a gang, and he wants his gang to physically attack a place or group and lead the assault himself, you could create a dicepool of Force (from the institution) + Leadership (from the character's skills). That's it. That how institutions work. I mean.. it they could be added as equipment or something, that would be fine.

It is such a fantastic system I really hope it will be properly implemented some day!

I do see where the breakdown of the automation for the institution record. You were correct in thinking there should be a roll, but the linkage did not make it in the first pass with the system. I will get the dice buttons to roll so they can be rolled and either use the modifier box or do a secondary roll by the needed person at this time. It's in my notes to expand this feature further, just hasn't bubbled to the top of my list.
    Last edited by superteddy57; May 27th, 2024 at 16:37.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    What I was trying to do with the second issue was this: Potence can be added to certain brawling rolls. And If you press the Potence button, then go to the main page, press Strength, and then roll the dice button under brawl, the Potence rating is added as extra dice. This is how it should function.

But, if you make a custom roll under your equipment / or custom roll section (Strength + Brawl), then the Potence dice are not added to that roll. Or for short: Discipline dice are not added to custom rolls. I don't know how to explain it otherwise *smile*

As for Institutions, I hope that it will be added. Because it is a fantastic system that players also can use. I thought it was something that was usable, because there is a dice button at the attributes. How it should be set up is really that the Depth, Force, Prestige should act like attributes. You add them to a dicepool. Like Strength, or even a discipline.
    For instance, if a player owns a gang, and he wants his gang to physically attack a place or group and lead the assault himself, you could create a dicepool of Force (from the institution) + Leadership (from the character's skills). That's it. That how institutions work. I mean.. it they could be added as equipment or something, that would be fine.

It is such a fantastic system I really hope it will be properly implemented some day!
    I tested the custom rolls and was not able to replicate. I was able to setup a custom roll in the actions tab and add the attribute, skill, and special group and it collected it without issue. I might need a copy of the character sheet in question to do further testing. I pushed a fix for the institution attribute rolls not functioning and should now be able to do so.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information