DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Exporting maps

Exporting maps

How does one export a map preferably into vtt. i watched a vid but it was three years old. at the bottom of the map i do see the export button, but only allows for jpg, png and webp. i need to export it with all the LOS and f/x intact

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit King View Post
    How does one export a map preferably into vtt. i watched a vid but it was three years old. at the bottom of the map i do see the export button, but only allows for jpg, png and webp. i need to export it with all the LOS and f/x intact
    You cannot achieve this from Fantasy Grounds. However you can export the LoS XML separately, but it will only work in another Fantasy Grounds session, not in the standard VTT format. One can import but not export everything intact.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

well its going to another FG user. i exported it via the export but it did not seem to send the f/x layer so i was thinking of saving it another way. i just thought vtt might work

You can export the images as a module and send that to the FG user.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit King View Post
    When you export the map it will export the line of sight and the lighting with it. If you look in the folder that you exported the image to you'll see an xml file with the same name as the image - that file contains the LoS and lighting data. You'll need that file and the image in the same folder to import the image into another campaign. FX won't get exported since only the image gets created and it doesn't export any layers.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    As Jimmy says, you can export it to an FG module and that will have the image and the LOS, FX, etc intact. See here: Using the Library and Activating Modules - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)
    If you are looking to export an entire adventure module, see the link in my sig for best practices.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information