FG Spreadshirt Swag

Error when loading class details

Greetings. Context: I bought the program about 6 months ago. I was working to build a module for 5e. It involved building classes and adding in D&D 5e classes and subclasses because I can't afford it the normal way. I built a majority of things I had wanted to over the span of a month and a half, and then had to stop working on it due to hospital related incidents involving family. Point being, I stopped working on it for more than a couple of months.

I started it up again having updated to the latest build of FGU, I believe 4.5. I attempt to use the character wizard. I attempt to add in the classes, and I notice that some of the proficiencies are not showing up. I attempt to load the class sheet itself, and am met with the logs stating that an error has occured. The error in question is as thus:

Script execution error: [string "C:reference_class_main: profarmor"]:3: attempt to call field 'onVisUpdate' (a nil value)

To be clear, the error shows up in the logs when I open up a class from the class list, and then click the "other" tab from the main tab. The first time this happens, the "other" tab is completely blank. If I switch it back to main and then back to other, the information I had previously input will show back up, but with somethings being unable to be edited, like the hit die value. If I do this and attempt to use the character wizard again, it does not fix the problem that the character wizard will not allow selections of choosable proficiencies, such as skills. I have the same process of checkign class information with the standard 5e SRD data provided to those who purchase the bare minimum. This error occured with that as well, though the reference path was different. To be clear, this was all working before my hiatus on my project.

Browsing some forums, I see that the 4.5 update did make things break down because extensions from the forge had not been updated yet to match the new update. I have several extensions in my account, but only use 1, being a theme. My next step, thinking that it might have something to do with the extension problem, was to disable all the extensions I obtained. I did that, and then attempted to check the class list again. The error persisted. Following this, I reached out to technical support, and was referred to this forum. I am confused as to why technical support would send me to a forum instead of deal with it directly, but I would imagine there's some reason. Regardless, I am seeking assistance on how resolve this error so that I can go back to trying to learn how to make this program work, as I am still very much on the floor trying to learn how to make this program work o _o

I apologize in advance to anyone who reads this. My technical know-how is not as advanced as probably more than half the people who work with this program.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, so Execution errors are usually due to extensions. So disabling them should have helped. Even Theme extensions can cause problems, especially after 4.5 as many "window definitions" were changed and that is often what themes rely upon.

Can you start a new sessions (with no extensions) and reproduce the problem, then exit and Compile Logs and attach here? Instructions here: How to Compile Logs - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As requested
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am getting the same error.
    If we do not succeed we risk the chance of failure.

I looked over the logs and the error points to a function call that is no longer in the current code. I would check to see if you have any unpacked rulesets for 5e. I would also attempt to try a new fresh campaign and see if you can replicate it without the use of any extensions.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I am getting the same error in a fresh campaign with no extensions and no unpacked rulesets. its strange, because if you click on the other tab of classes, the tab shows up blank and console shows errors. but then if you click back on the main tab then back to the other tab, all is well. no error all information shows up.

Blog Entries
    Can one of you please list the steps to reproduce this?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for reporting. Just pushed a new hot fix that should address the issue in the Class records. Please run a new Check for Updates and try again.

Regards,
    JPG

I have updated the client and started the session. I have opened my class pages, and they are functioning as intended. I have repeated the process while running a the standard provided theme, and so far it has been working as intended. It seems to have worked until further notice. Thank you for the assistance and patience through the process.

Also, I am not sure it still needs writing, but to answer the question for how I produced the error:
    1) Open client
    2) Load Campaign
    3) Start Campaign
    4) Click "classes" in the interface on the right sidebar.
    5) Click on any class
    6) Click on the "other" tab of the selected class
    7) log opens listing errors

Hotfix worked. Thanks guys for the quick fix

Thread Information