DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Mine looks roughly the same. The name in the library section only refers to the text shown for the book in the Modules window, which is only for display and has nothing to do with lookup.

I may need to get you to PM me a copy of the module to test out via DropBox/OneDrive/GoogleDrive link.

Regards,
    JPG

Done!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes it is (95% sure) the extensions. The recent updates have changes the way may windows are defined. If the extensions have not been updated, then they can very well be broken. Not sure why they would not show a value, but that would be my first step to trouble shoot. Turn off all extensions and see if the feat names how up. If so, then re-enable them until you find out which one it is.

Moon might prove me wrong, but start there
    I don't think there are any of the extensions as I started a new campaign with no extensions running and the problem was still there.

I noticed this problem after one of the recent updates with modules that are created using my Portable Compendium converter.

Based on what I can remember, and from checking the changes I made to fix it, the entries in the reference_classfeatlist window were originally using a <source></source> tag to define the name that appears in the first column.

I changed them all to <name></name> tags and that fixed the issue.

Edit to clarify the timing: going through my backups it looks like this occurred during an update in or around Sep 2023, and not during the March 2024 updates.
    Last edited by skelekon; May 4th, 2024 at 07:20.
    Discord: skelekon#6366
    Reddit: skelek0n

Quote Originally Posted by Starwolf View Post
    I could not find any unpacked versions of the 4e ruleset. The ruleset I got was dated 16th of april this year i think it was.
    I took a new look through the feats dataset and noticed one thing. In the description type Feats has a upper case F, while the all other mentions of feats are in all lower case. Could this be the reason? Attached just a little snippet of the file below.

Code:
    <lists static="true">
    		<feats>
    			<description type="string">Feats</description>
    			<groups>
                                 <feat2featsCategoryParagon>
    					<description type="string">Paragon (606)</description>
    					<powers>
                                                    <WhirlingIronDefense33681>
    							<link type="windowreference">
    								<class>powerdesc</class>
    								<recordname>reference.feats.WhirlingIronDefense33681@Feats</recordname>
    							</link>
    						</WhirlingIronDefense33681>
    					</powers>
    				</feat2featsCategoryParagon>
    			</groups>
    		</feats>
    	</lists>
    	<library>
    		<libraryModule>
    			<name type="string">Feats</name>
    			<categoryname type="string">Character Features</categoryname>
    			<entries>
    				<feats>
    					<librarylink type="windowreference">
    						<class>reference_classfeatlist</class>
    						<recordname>lists.feats@Feats</recordname>
    					</librarylink>
    					<name type="string">Feats (3271)</name>
    				</feats>
    			</entries>
    		</libraryModule>
    	</library>

Doing some more digging, I think the issue is that the individual feat entries within the <lists> tag now require a <name> tag to be displayed in the first column.

It seems that prior to Sep 2023-ish the entries within the reference_classfeatlist would grab the name entry from the linked record within the <reference><feats> tag, the same way it grabs the Prerequisites & Benefits.

If you add this tag immediately before the </WhirlingIronDefense33681> it should work according to my observations.
    Code:
    <name type="string">Whirling Iron Defense</name>

One of the devs can probably clarify - this is just my observation from creating modules of 4E rules elements.
    Discord: skelekon#6366
    Reddit: skelek0n

Quote Originally Posted by skelekon View Post

One of the devs can probably clarify - this is just my observation from creating modules of 4E rules elements.
    Makes kinda sense. I have had these modules since I scraped them from the original character builder site years ago. It might have been as far back as 2016 or something. I still got those files. I dont remember which software I used to get the data files downloaded with and generating the modules for Fantasygrounds. But it was a couple of years before FGU was announced at least.

Maybe I should try to make new module files as it seems a difficult task to insert the necessary code unless it is a search and replace. Last time I really ran fantasygrounds for character generation or any real games was almost 2 years ago.

I was able to reproduce the issue. No Extensions. Need to go through Modules then to Feat.

Thanks for the file, I was able to recreate the scenario. I'm planning to post a fix next week.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thanks for the file, I was able to recreate the scenario. I'm planning to post a fix next week.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks, that will be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    I was able to reproduce the issue. No Extensions. Need to go through Modules then to Feat.

How did you get the different module elements organized like that? The parser I used back them organized the stuff like the attached picture shows.

Modules.png

I would love to get a better organization of the different elements

Quote Originally Posted by Starwolf View Post
    How did you get the different module elements organized like that? The parser I used back them organized the stuff like the attached picture shows.

Modules.png

I would love to get a better organization of the different elements
    Those are all individual modules. You'll need to combine them into a single db.xml file (or client.xml for a player facing module) within one module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information