STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Second Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Voxpopuli View Post
    I believe if there was more product this game would sell better so its the proverbial chicken & the egg situation.
    Maybe, but that's also debatable, especially when you look across all products - more products might mean more sales overall, but those sales could be split over all the products and so the revenue per developer hour is still relatively low. Anyway, that's all hypothetical. The products would have to sell a lot better than they do now to make it cost effective for SmiteWorks to do the development in-house. They did the development for the first three releases (ruleset plus two DLC products) and probably decided that the sales weren't enough for them to continue development, and/or had other developer priorities, and moved to the community developer model. SmiteWorks is a small company and they can't do everything in-house (even if the work did get a relatively good revenue return) and need to lean on community developers so that they can work on other projects.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I see your point thanks for sharing.

Thread Information