DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    "Maybe" a workaround to this bug of the scaling is to bring up the webm in the Asset window that you are going to place as it actually displays those assets in the Asset window (and I suppose manges to get into the file and get the missing data?). If you bring up every asset you plan to use in the asset window at least once before you start placing assets in lua code then it "appears" to work. Though i've not done enough through testing to state this unequivocally.

I tried a number of dummy placements in the code which never works - apparently the webm has to be actually displayed and running someplace at least once for this to start working. IF it keeps working - as I said only just discovered this and it may not be a gauruntee to keep them working. Time will tell.

Though coming up in app and bringing up every asset I plan to use in asset manager so it plays at least once will be annoying.

Yep running through every webm asset you plan to use through the Asset window so it displays seems to insure any future use will work. Annoying but I can do that before I use stuff with webm placements I suppose.

Also, if you refresh the asset folder you have to go play them all again as the webm data is lost by the refresh.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 15th, 2023 at 18:39.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

So was this put on the schedule to be fixed soon or deep sixed?

It's on our list, but @pindercarl is in the midst of a big integration project and the fix is non-trivial.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's on our list, but @pindercarl is in the midst of a big integration project and the fix is non-trivial.

Regards,
    JPG
    Sounds good. If you guys have a better workaround than the partial one that "mostly sometimes works" I came up with let me know [Workaround: going into Assets subdirectory with ones I use and searching for webm and making sure I get all of them to run in assets window at least once.]

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    I'll chat with John when he gets back from vacation. The dimensions of a Webm file aren't known until the first frame is loaded. All of the image functions have a callback to set the scale after the image is loaded. The API functions looks to be setting the scale first.
    Any chance this is nearing the "now serving..." on your list? This was last July I mentioned this so I'm just curiuos.

We are currently focused on the next big feature for images, of which the recent update implemented some of the back-end changes needed. (thus a slightly busier bug fix round with images/tokens)

Regards,
    JPG

Looking forward to a fix for this webm issue, and happy to hear some of the groundwork has been implemented on the backend. Couldn't get a clear sense from the answer though - is the fix being worked into the this next big feature release for images? Or is the team busy with this next big feature release for images, and will potentially look back into this bug after completion of that release? Just trying to get a sense of timing.

We do not have a timeline for working on this because it is quite a bit of work for limited impact. It does not affect standard WEBM token/paint usage; it only affects the API usage. Are you working with the APIs?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We do not have a timeline for working on this because it is quite a bit of work for limited impact. It does not affect standard WEBM token/paint usage; it only affects the API usage. Are you working with the APIs?

Regards,
    JPG
    Likely working with an extension that uses the API - generic actions layer being one such.

The user has exactly one post, so I'm trying to get a feel for their situation before assuming anything. If they're a new user, they may be looking at basic functionality and thinking there is something to be done.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information