5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Image.addLayerPaintStamp not respecting w and h grid unit scaling.

The addLayerPaintStamp does not respect the w=5, h=1 dimentions as it does when manually doing the layer paint stamp of the asset through the right hand map controls. I can see no reason why this function is not respecting this scaling - it should be the exact same functionality.

Code:
          Image.addLayerPaintStamp(sPath, nLayerID, { asset=sAttackAsset, w=5, h=1, x=x, y=y});
    this was 25ft long 5ft wide asset layer and is about that dimension in raw assets - places fine from map layer controls but not in lua call of this function.

[POST EDIT]
    Actually it does seem to work - just not all the time. Seems wierd but maybe I should hold off on this. Sometimes it does not respect them - other times it does - different numbers? Not sure but I supposed I retract it not working. Its "sort of" working.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 7th, 2023 at 06:24.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Moon is currently away on vacation, but I will pass it along to him to review when he gets back.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Verified flaky on when it actually applies the scaling. It "seems" to work most times but for sure fails to at others. Looks like a timing issue. I doubt I can duplicate it reliably you will have to look at the code and see if something appears obvious.

I thought making that call an OOB (as pointless as that sounds) would maybe get rid of the flakyness, but that just made it fail 100% of the time to do scaling. Maybe that can help them debug it as kicking it off as OOB makes it never respect scaling.

Further testing with OOB shows it is basically just as random flaky on scaling as calling directly. I'll stick with OOB as players need to trigger this. Gist is something timing is wrong. Sometimes it works constantly but more often than not after immediately coming up it randomly fails to scale.

Even more testing and I find that Cloud (which I never use) can have players literally not only lose scaling but lose the layer updates completely. I stick to LAN and only have player get scaling loss issues about 50-80% of the time.

This is interesting. A .PNG asset always works - scale is always correct. Only the webm (VP8) have the random scaling failures or general failure to appear. That should narrow it down for you. As to duplicate I'd have to give you an extension that calls the layer with all the magic.

This video at the time linked in shows how .png assets always get scaled correctly and webm (VP8) is hit or miss. No pattern I've recognized.

https://youtu.be/LoN6PGeeVhg?t=147

Inteface.getAssets is undocumented.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 9th, 2023 at 16:49.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    This video at the time linked in shows how .png assets always get scaled correctly and webm (VP8) is hit or miss. No pattern I've recognized.

https://youtu.be/LoN6PGeeVhg?t=147
    I'll chat with John when he gets back from vacation. The dimensions of a Webm file aren't known until the first frame is loaded. All of the image functions have a callback to set the scale after the image is loaded. The API functions looks to be setting the scale first.

Thread Information