GI JOE RPG Launch
View RSS Feed

All Things Solo

The Adventurer's Toolbox (Paid Module)

Rate this Entry
D&D 5E ONLY

Since Mythic GM Emulator can be used with any setting, I started my guide with it. But if you want to play D&D 5E and need lots of tables, a method for Solo D&D, and a simple oracle all-in-one, 25$ The Toolbox module can meet the demand.

NOTE: This module can only be used within D&D 5e ruleset. It has links to 2014 core books (DMG, MM) and without an update, 2024 core books will not be supported.

NOTE 2:
You'll need 2014 versions of Dungeon Master's Guide & Monster's Manual with it.

Some players find the book versions cumbersome while others use only what they need in them. But the module has advantages over the books. It is best to start reading it by the end (Chapter 18) for there is a gameplay example in it.

I just noticed some monster links to Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes in Random Encounters section while trying high level encounters. Some CR7 ones in various categories. If you bought the module before it's delisted, you can still use it. But if you jumped the VTT train after the books delisted (like me), it doesn't seem to get updated. Last update is 17-06-2019.

Also note that this book's/module's random encounter tables are only up to CR7 and for level 1-15 Solo PC or 2 PCs. There is a conversion table for playing 1 PC with easier encounter and 2 PC vice versa. The second installment "The Solo Adventurer's Toolbox Part Two: The Toolbox Expanded" completes the random encounter tables by adding stuff for level 16-20 PCs. It's last update is October 07, 2023.
Let's start with what you can do with it:

• Its simple Oracle can be used to answer questions to reveal your story.
  • Many tables are designed for standard Solo PC adventure.
  • You can use Tavern Gen to start your adventure and Quest Gen to find yourself a quest.
  • NPC Emotion generator can tell you what is NPCs' disposition towards your PC if you want RP. There is also an NPC creator.
  • Dungeon Generator in conjunction with FGU's Map Tool to create-as-you-go.
  • Encounter Generators to create your PC some conflicts and interesting events.
  • There is also a Monster Reaction table and an experimental Monster Tactics table.
  • After you beat the monsters, you can use Loot Generators to randomly decide what you got.
  • Merchant Tables -ONLY- tells you the quality of the merchant so its better to use something else for it.
  • You can use it to Play Hex-crawling with its Wilderness Tables and travel rules IF you have some hex tiles from another source.
  • Lastly, its Word Table (Situations) has 499 words that you can use in Freeform Association.

EDIT: Here's a pic how I use it in an INDEX page with tables from other sources.
Attachment 61862

# Tables

## Tables List 1
tsat1 tables.jpg

## Tables List 2
tsat1 tables2.jpg

## Tables List 3
tsat1 tables3.jpg

##Tavern Generator 1
tsat1 tavern gen.jpg

## Tavern Generator 2
tsat1 tavern gen2.jpg

Dungeon Generator:
https://imgur.com/0giyD3d LOL, just noticed starting area was Room and I rolled for Passage twice *facepalm*

Wilderness Generator: https://i.imgur.com/lji44cK.jpeg

Note that there are more tables in it especially for Wilderness details and even a "what wakes you up" table for camping, but my space with pics is limited.

Submit "The Adventurer's Toolbox (Paid Module)" to Digg Submit "The Adventurer's Toolbox (Paid Module)" to del.icio.us Submit "The Adventurer's Toolbox (Paid Module)" to Google Submit "The Adventurer's Toolbox (Paid Module)" to Facebook Submit "The Adventurer's Toolbox (Paid Module)" to Twitter

Updated Yesterday at 12:45 by Tempered7

Categories
Solo Play Resources

Comments

Here's a pic how I use it in an INDEX page with tables from other sources.
    Attachment 61862
    I just noticed some monster links to Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes in Random Encounters section while trying high level encounters. Some CR7 ones in various categories. If you bought the module before it's delisted, you can still use it. But if you jumped the VTT train after the books delisted (like me), it doesn't seem to get updated. Last update is 17-06-2019.

Also note that this book's/module's random encounter tables are only up to CR7 and for level 1-15 Solo PC or 2 PCs. There is a conversion table for playing 1 PC with easier encounter and 2 PC vice versa. The second installment "The Solo Adventurer's Toolbox Part Two: The Toolbox Expanded" completes the random encounter tables by adding stuff for level 16-20 PCs. It's last update is October 07, 2023.
DICE PACKS BUNDLE