Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
View RSS Feed

All Things Solo

How Does A Solo Session Play

Rate this Entry
If you prefer to read an Example of Gameplay, check "First Solo Scene."

Meanwhile, you can watch a Video Example by "Me, Myself and Die" to see it in action. Just from 2:48 to 11:16 is enough to get the idea.
The rest is combat rolls and more story and it starts at 13:17 if you want to watch it.

NOTE: You don't have to voice-act your characters as in the video. You don't even have to use miniatures and maps! I'll elaborate later in "Modes of Play" and "Roleplay Styles" entries. And there are tricks for tweaking Combat. Also, you don't have to randomly determine your PC, you can create it and write a BackGround Story to your heart's content. Virtual Table Top software can automatize all he does ingame, within seconds.

https://youtu.be/I9ag6U3a8eM?si=BNyiLkKclJZXSYcw&t=168

Video Demonstrates:

• Minimal Preparation.
  • Short backstory that leads to a quest hook.
  • Usage of MYTHIC GameMaster Emulator, the Oracle that started Solo Playing with Freeform Association and Interpretation for content creation on-the-fly.
  • Setting the first scene rapidly with little content.
  • Focusing only the essentials: He K.I.S.Sed IT!
  • Using dice rolls to create surprise and excitement.
  • Leaving enough gaps in the story to discover them later in the session.
  • And excellent flow of scenes with minimal setup.

Submit "How Does A Solo Session Play" to Digg Submit "How Does A Solo Session Play" to del.icio.us Submit "How Does A Solo Session Play" to Google Submit "How Does A Solo Session Play" to Facebook Submit "How Does A Solo Session Play" to Twitter

Updated August 20th, 2024 at 20:18 by Tempered7

Categories
Solo Play with FGU

Comments

As usual, I forgot to add the link for First Solo Scene. :')
    Also, you don't have to randomly determine your PC, you can create it and write a bg story to your hearts content.
    Updated July 24th, 2024 at 20:59 by Tempered7
GI JOE RPG Launch