GI JOE RPG Launch
View RSS Feed

All Things Solo

Solo Play in FGU - Intro

Rate this Entry
Greetings, kind folks of the forums,

In this blog series, I'm going to discuss many ways to Play Solo in Fantasy Grounds Unity for you. Whether you want to create your own setting as-you-go, or play a published adventure by yourself, if I can help you have fun time with this hard-to-get-into play style, I will be happy as much as you. Thanks to Soloing Methods that creates immersion and surprise in your story, it will be just a breeze once you grasp the basics. I will also list many free and paid resources and explain how to use them.

A Bad Taste OR Countless Hours of Fun?

Many players who tried Solo Play, maybe just with a published adventure, or with an extra paid Oracle, found the experience stale for the lack of social interaction (RP), lack of GM for encounters (Combat), spoilers in maps (Exploration), or general lack of surprise in their games. I'm here to address all these problems.

I must say that you CAN play Solo RPG in FGU and you CAN make it your own story, with your own rules, for your own entertainment and have FUN!

At the end of the series, I will make an FGU Module that includes everything in the guide and share it for your in-game usage. In another category after I finish posting the guide, I'll add solo play cheat sheets in step-by-step table form, for ease of reference

If you have any questions, just comment under entries and I'll try to answer them. And share your experiences, if you want, I'd be more than happy to talk about them.

Here is some Video Examples.

Or Just Start Playing With This Demonstration
. (Not in FGU / Text-Based Basics)

Check this link: For the INDEX of the Guide.

I hope you enjoy it!

Submit "Solo Play in FGU - Intro" to Digg Submit "Solo Play in FGU - Intro" to del.icio.us Submit "Solo Play in FGU - Intro" to Google Submit "Solo Play in FGU - Intro" to Facebook Submit "Solo Play in FGU - Intro" to Twitter

Updated August 17th, 2024 at 12:58 by Tempered7

Categories
Solo Play with FGU

Comments

Looking forward to this!
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails
    Looking forward to this!
    Thank you. I'm planning to add more entries and also turn them all into a module when its finished. I will also add my own Solo Gameplays in FGU with explanations of the methodology for practical usage.
Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order