Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. A "Love Letter" to Wizard's First Rule and the Sword of Truth Series. With Regrets..

I don't know if you have ever heard of a man named Terry Goodkind or a set of books he began in the 1990's with his frist entry: Wizard's First Rule

I was 14 when I read WFR for the first time. I was intrigued by the entire book and especially by the quote from Zedd, “People are stupid. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.” Like most books, yes even fantasy, Goodkind had a philisophical message that he teased ...

Updated September 19th, 2018 at 08:08 by Skillkoil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Finding a roleplaying game online in 2018 - An OpEd by Skillkoil

The popularity of VTT's (Virtual Table Tops) and being able to augment a game digitally is growing every day. I see many posts in the FG forums of players or groups of players looking for a game. Of course, we see plenty of games posted by GM/DM's as well. I think many people tend to stay in their "comfort zone" of ruleset or genre when looking for a game and this robs them from learning about other games that they may enjoy just as much or more.

Taking the Leap

Updated September 19th, 2018 at 08:09 by Skillkoil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Fantasy Grounds Game Stats for 2018 Q2

Check out the latest trends in RPGs on Fantasy Grounds. D&D 5th edition games saw a 50% increase from the beginning of the reporting period (July 2017)! Pathfinder had a great increase of 29% in a similar timeframe.

What are your biggest surprises here?

Updated July 31st, 2018 at 18:43 by ddavison

Tags: stats
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Making a desert out of a sandbox

Someone once asked me why it was that I preferred running homebrew sandbox campaigns to modules in official settings, which is a pretty popular way of doing things, especially for harried GMs who don't have a lot of time on their hands. I thought about it for a bit, and then came up with an answer that I'm pretty sure wasn't expected. The resulting conversation went something like this:

Me: Well, partly it's because I get to exercise more creativity, but mainly it's because it's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Window Saver X Full Version History

v3.4.0
    • add /wsx share (thanks to seycyrus for the suggestion)

v3.3.0
    • Add /wsx open
    • Fix errors in client console

v3.2.1
    • Fix errors in client chat box

v3.2.1

• Fix errors in client chat box

v3.2.0

• Add /wsx close
    • Further improve compatibility with other extensions
    • Update help messages to show commands without underscores
    • Numerous of under-the-hood changes