DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Blog Comments

This is a very interesting and creative collection of ideas to inspire game masters in building worlds, characters and conflicts for RPGs. Using music as a supporting tool is very unique and can bring unexpected results.
    Advantages:
    Variety: The list includes many music genres, from rock, metal, folk to classical music https://hocvn.edu.vn/ , suitable for many different styles and races in the game.
    Details: Each item in the list has a link to the song on Youtube and sometimes an explanation of the meaning of the lyrics, making it easy for users to access and learn.
    Suggestions: Instead of giving specific instructions, the list suggests many interesting questions for game masters to think and be creative.
    Suitable for many types of games: The list can be applied to many different types of RPGs, not just limited to a specific genre.
    Cons:
    Music-oriented: The list focuses mainly on music, which may not be suitable for game masters who like to use other art forms for inspiration.
    Requires user initiative: Users need to listen to the music themselves, read the lyrics, and think about how to apply it to their game.
    Summary:
    This is a very good and useful collection of ideas for game masters. Using music as a supporting tool is a unique idea and can bring unexpected results.
    Dang, how can I forget! This part of the guide is dedicated to LordEntrails for solving my map obscuring problem in seconds.
    EDIT: I should mention Rob Twohy for I used his pre-gen characters to showcase the pics. Thanks for your generosity and Rest in Peace.
    In Hex-Crawling style, themes can be the content of your Hexagons in a map or what your PC will experience in those hexes.
    UPDATE for using Line of Sight: It can be done from GM screen: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post723669

___
    OG EDIT -- nope!: "but playing from player window could be more immersive."
    Updated Yesterday at 03:14 by Tempered7
    EDIT: Found it! Randomizing Maps part is my version of Paul Bimler's Solo Adventure Resource: The Dungeon Oracle. It is a complete method to play Published Adventures Solo.
    EDIT: I think I learned Randomizing Maps from one of the books I've read. I remember somewhere like Paul Bimler's The Toolbox's but I couldn't find any mention in there. If only pen and paper had ctrl+f function. I have the module, it's not there either.
    Updated August 20th, 2024 at 17:57 by Tempered7
    Added to Resources: Laerun's Solo Player Hexploration with ChatGPT: https://chatgpt.com/g/g-vIDKY931L-solo-hexploration

It is a free (ChatGPT) resource by Laerun to flesh out your hex-crawl maps.

EDIT: There is a limit for ChatGPT usage, though.
    Updated August 20th, 2024 at 12:54 by Tempered7
    EDIT: I finally found the source of this, but the usage is older than the video. Of course, with GreatGM's explanations it's way more enlightening.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwZKD1AWIYM
    EDITED x2: Free SRD Rules contains a Bestiary for monsters.
    Updated August 20th, 2024 at 14:27 by Tempered7
    EDITED: I polished this entry up a bit.
    UPDATE: I was testing JimSocks' Content Gen 2020 for my guide's module and I'm having problems on generating from templates. It might be because I borked the campaign by first loading extensions then removing them. Or the gen is old and the new theme update has conflicts. DndSpeak tables still have enough content though. I will open a topic about it in forums later.

EDIT: It's working. I just broke my campaign.
    Updated August 20th, 2024 at 14:57 by Tempered7
    EDIT: A Solo RPG System includes everything in here in one book but with its own setting. I'm not in that loop since forever so I can't remember all the settings I tried but Ironsworn and SoloDark are two recent ones. There are old and new Hex Crawl (Diablo Style in an empty hex map + random tables) solo systems, too.
    Updated August 20th, 2024 at 18:05 by Tempered7
    ADDED to Resources:

ADDED: Similarities & Contrast

• Similarity Provides Structure and Stability
    • Contrast Piques Your Interest
    Added to comments: I forgot NPC Emotion Generator. https://tools.libove.org/generators/...c-disposition/
    Scroll down to roll.
    Wait for me as I'll turn these into a game template in the Module version of the guide. And guide you through them.
    Updated August 15th, 2024 at 16:46 by Tempered7
    10k character limit is too restricting for what I wanted to do.

I'm preparing my guide as a FGU module and you will be able to play this with free content from FGU website and pay what you want content from dmsguild. Without world limit, I can give you ways to create YOUR own content, better. But there are other topics I should write first to complete the guide.
    Updated August 15th, 2024 at 21:53 by Tempered7
    EDITED: Do you remember the epic plot twist in 1995 crime thriller "The Usual Suspects" where a crippled con-artist called Verbal (Kevin Spacey) created the legend of a shadowy crime lord Kayser Söze in front of a US Customs Agent?
    Updated August 14th, 2024 at 05:19 by Tempered7
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
GI JOE RPG Launch